Professional Development Training
for Educators and Mental Health Professionals
- Attendees will learn how to play a unique improvisational game that educates children in why they are bullied and how to stop it immediately and with little effort. When attendees infuse this game into their current prevention, intervention, and rehabilitation efforts, they will help students grow in emotional resilience, build empathy and kindness, and develop effective leadership skills.
- Attendees will learn the top ten socio-emotional resilience items that must be identified for a child to become truly emotionally resilient to bullying behaviors. Attendees will learn how to apply the Peace Sign Approach and role playing game to a child’s unique area of weakness in order to build and promote emotional strength.
- Attendees will learn a simplified definition of bullying/social aggression that allows them more clearly understand this complex issue and how to respond to it more effectively. Furthermore, attendees will learn how to keep a positive mindset that enables them to see the bullying problem as an educational opportunity for a student's’ social and emotional growth.
Other Training Topics:
As a professional who has spent several years working on the front lines in schools and residential treatment programs, Jeff truly understands how it important it is to find simple techniques that will work right away! His training seminar teaches educators and mental health professionals the most effective ways to empower young people to solve social conflict.
Unlike many programs that rely on school-wide systems and significant time to implement, Jeff will teach you how to equip victims of bullying with social and conflict resolution skills in as little as 15 minutes. These techniques provide students with the skills needed to respond to social aggression and solve their own social problems. This means that staff can focus on coaching and teaching rather than policing and enforcing. When put into practice, these techniques will yield immediate results. Jeff's training is full of laughter, audience participation, and role-playing of real-life scenarios.
(Duration: 60 minutes - 6 hours)
These optional sessions can be added to Jeff's keynote presentation at no cost. They are the perfect way to tailor Jeff's program to meet your goals. Each workshop is 30-45 minutes in length.
- Becoming Cyber-Smart: How to respond to digital drama such as cyber-bullying, textual harassment, and sexting.
- Anger Management: A three-step process to prevent, intervene, and positively respond to anger.
- Resilience Revolution: The media is full of stories of people who have given up or made the wrong choices. Jeff shares stories of those that faced adversity, overcame obstacles, found potential in their pain, and turned their struggle into something positive. You can use these stories and strategies to inspire students to do the same.
- Safe Dates: This session explores the topic of dating through identifying values, recognizing signs up abuse, and understanding the components of healthy relationships. Jeff has been a certified trainer and facilitator of the SAFE DATES Curriculum for over 8 years.
Follow Up Materials:
- Online Training: Educators and mental health professionals will learn how to help students grow in their resilience and peacefully respond to social aggression. This video is easy to distribute to staff and parents through an email newsletter.