Parent Training Program
- Defining Bullying: Simplifying a complicated issue.
- The Peace Sign: The two-step approach that uses social skills to stop mean behavior.
- Coping Skills: How to identify coping skills centered around your child's passions to release stress, manage emotions, and foster healing.
- The Anger Illusion: Why getting upset makes things worse.
- Resilience: How to protect your heart and change your mindset.
- Love: How compassion in action helps make friends and manage enemies.
- Standing Together: The importance of partnering with the school to teach resilience as well as social and emotional coping skills.
Other Training Topics:
These optional sessions can be added to Jeff's keynote presentation at no cost. They are the perfect way to tailor Jeff's program to meet your goals. Each workshop is 30-45 minutes in length.
This training gives parents a deeper understanding about bullying. Parents will learn the best ways to help their child solve social problems and how they can rehearse these skills at home. Through role-playing common bullying scenarios they find a superior way to help their child respond to social aggression and grow in resilience.
Many parents come to the training with pre-conceived notions of how schools should handle conflict, but leave with a completely new perspective that unites their efforts and the school's. They share that Jeff's training is "eye-opening" and "completely changed" their outlook on bullying and also helped them learn how to stop sibling rivalry.
(Duration: 60 - 90 minutes)
- Becoming Cyber-Smart: How to respond to digital drama such as cyber-bullying, textual harassment, and sexting.
- Anger Management: A three-step process to prevent, intervene, and positively respond to anger.
- Resilience Revolution: The media is full of stories of people who have given up or made the wrong choices. Jeff shares stories of those that faced adversity, overcame obstacles, found potential in their pain, and turned their struggle into something positive. It inspires students to do the same.
- Safe Dates: This session explores the topic of dating through identifying values, recognizing signs up abuse, and understanding the components of healthy relationships. Jeff has been a certified trainer and facilitator of the SAFE DATES Curriculum for over 8 years.
Follow Up Materials:
- Online Training for Adults: Educators, parents, and mental health professionals will learn how to help students grow in their resilience and peacefully respond to social aggression. This video is easy to distribute to staff and parents through an email newsletter.
- Bonus Content: We've thrown in a few surprises to further your efforts in implementing the Peace Sign Approach to stop bullying.