Middle School Assembly Program
Through clean comedy, inspiring real-life stories, and evidence-based techniques, Jeff shares social and emotional coping skills that helped him overcome bullying. He shares how treating his enemies like friends transformed his life after years of being picked on at school and abused at home.
Jeff Veley is described as a one-man variety show that teaches students how to cope and find hope no matter their circumstances. His energetic presentation also features music and illusions, two things that Jeff used himself to emotionally cope in the midst of difficult circumstances.
The program uses Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) and resilience education to equip students with the skills that empower them to face adversity, grow in resilience, and solve their own social problems. Students will learn how to grow in resilience, be seen as a leader among their peers, and turn their enemies into friends.
This assembly program is designed for middle students and the message is tailored to reach students in an entertaining way that is age appropriate.
(Duration: 45 minutes or up to 60 minutes when including Q&A)
- Defining Bullying: Simplifying a complicated issue.
- The Peace Sign: The two-step approach that uses social skills to stop mean behavior.
- Cope for Hope: Creative coping skills centered around your passions to release stress, manage emotions, and foster healing.
- The Anger Illusion: Why getting upset makes things worse.
- Resilience: How to protect your heart and change your mindset.
- Love: How compassion in action helps make friends and manage enemies.
Follow Up Sessions:
These optional sessions can be added to Jeff's keynote presentation at no cost. They are the perfect way to tailor Jeff's program to meet your goals. Each workshop is 30-45 minutes in length.
- Looking for Amy: Jeff's shares about the student who changed his life by simply inviting him to sit at her lunch table. Students are challenged to "be someone's Amy."
- Becoming Cyber-Smart: How to respond to digital drama such as cyber-bullying, textual harassment, and sexting.
- Anger Management: A three-step process to prevent, intervene, and positively respond to anger.
- Resilience Revolution: The media is full of stories of people who have given up or made the wrong choices. Jeff shares stories of those that faced adversity, overcame obstacles, found potential in their pain, and turned their struggle into something positive. It inspires students to do the same.
- Golden Rule Leadership: Teaching students the secret to influencing others including how to start by leading yourself so that others will follow.
- Safe Dates: This session explores the topic of dating through identifying values, recognizing signs of abuse, and understanding the components of healthy relationships. Jeff has been a certified trainer and facilitator of the SAFE DATES Curriculum for over 8 years.
Follow Up Materials:
- Peace Cards: Wallet-sized cards for every student that include social skills to respond to mean behavior, coping skills for dealing with stress, a 24/7 crisis hotline, and a downloadable video from Jeff sharing the key points of the program through 1-on-1 teaching.
- Discussion Guide: Designed for classrooms and small groups, this guide reinforces the key points of Jeff's message and get students talking about what they learned.
- Online Training Videos: Educators, parents, and students will learn the best way to grow resilience and peacefully respond to bullying/social aggression using the "Peace Sign Approach". These videos share the same information as Jeff's live talk but are condensed into nine minutes. Perfect for classroom viewing and easy to distribute to staff and parents through an email newsletter.
- Online Learning Library: Unlock the full library featuring multiple training courses for students, parents, and educators taught by Jeff and other industry professionals. Professionally filmed and organized by topic, so that you can easily find practical solutions fast.
- The Peace Sign Challenge Role-Playing Game: Students will grow in resilience and learn social skills to de-escalate and solve conflict through this fun online role-playing game, seen in Jeff's live program. Place it on school issued devices such as tablets and Chromebooks. Use the game as in the classroom as part of your social and emotional learning program and in the counseling office to empower students to solve their own social problems.