Elementary Assembly Program
Watch Jeff in Action
- What is Bullying?: Simplifying a complicated issue.
- The Peace Sign: The two-step approach that uses social skills to stop mean behavior.
- Cope for Hope: Creative coping skills centered around your passions to release stress, manage emotions, and foster healing.
- The Anger Illusion: Why getting upset makes things worse.
- Becoming Strong on the Inside: How to protect your heart and change your mindset through resilience.
- Love: How compassion in action helps make friends and manage enemies.
Energy, laughter, and audience participation fill Jeff's elementary assembly program that teaches students how to make friends, manage enemies, and be strong on the inside.
Through clean comedy, inspiring real-life stories, and evidence-based techniques, Jeff shares the social and emotional coping skills (or ninja skills, as he calls it) that helped him overcome bullying. They are simple, practical, and easy to remember. Jeff's fun-filled presentation also includes music and magic tricks/illusions, two things that Jeff used himself to emotionally cope in the midst of difficult circumstances.
The program uses Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) and resilience education to equip students with the skills that empower them to face adversity, grow in resilience, and solve their own social problems. Students will learn how to grow in resilience, be seen as a leader among their peers, and turn their enemies into friends.
This assembly program can be presented for either lower elementary, upper elementary, or both. The message is designed to reach students is a way that is both entertaining and age-appropriate.
(Duration: 30 - 45 minutes)
Follow Up Sessions:
- Staff Training: Jeff's professional development training teaches educators the best way to empower students with the "Peace Sign Approach" to bullying. Your school will dramatically increase your effectiveness when you use the programs language and techniques consistently. This is especially important for younger students. Click here to learn more about Jeff's training for school staff.
- Parent Training: Parents will learn how to help their student manage challenging relationships and even stop sibling rivalry at home. To learn more about Jeff's training for parents, click here.
Follow Up Materials:
- Peace Cards: Wallet-sized cards for every student that include social skills to respond to mean behavior, coping skills for dealing with stress, a 24/7 crisis hotline, and a downloadable video from Jeff sharing the key points of the program through 1-on-1 teaching. A perfect resource for any student who finds them self in need of help.
- Discussion Guide: Designed for classrooms and small groups, this guide reinforces the key points of Jeff's message and get students talking about what they learned.
- Online Training for Adults: Educators, parents, and mental health professionals will learn how to help students grow in their resilience and peacefully respond to social aggression. This video is easy to distribute to staff and parents through an email newsletter.
- Online Training for Students: Students will be reminded of the Peace Sign Approach in this fun and entertaining 10-minute training video. Use it to recap the message and spark discussion in the classroom, play it on your morning announcements for Anti-Bullying Month, and utilize it in the counseling office to empower students that are being bullied.
- Bonus Content: We've thrown in a few surprises to further your efforts in implementing the Peace Sign Approach to stop bullying.